Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your OMG Teen Book Series user ID and password.
- Session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, your computer’s domain name, IP address, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information, sign up to our newsletter or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. It is used by us to analyse how visitors to www.omgteenbookseries.com interact with our website so that we can continue to develop this website and make it a better experience for our valued visitors.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- If you do not want us to use your data for us or our third parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is, therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries, if any.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £15 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
The OMG Teen Book Series
3, Newland Avenue, Harrogate
North Yorkshire. HG2 8LP, England
Tel: +44(0) 5603 679 116
Last updated: August, 2022